Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Film, Pre/Post Production and more for the Freestyle Scooter Community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Post your questions!

Go down 
+3
Phil Lagettie
RyanUpchurch
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Post your questions! Empty
PostSubject: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 1:16 am

Any photo related topic, Feel free to post here!
Back to top Go down
https://insideview.forumotion.com
RyanUpchurch

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:48 am

this concerns photo and video. but i just got my canon rebel eos t2i and usb isn't working at the quality i'd like it to to transfer pictures, and isn't even functional in regards to video. There is no firewire port, so that is out of the question. card readers also do not work in regards to the video because of how they read the information in pieces. (making the video glitchy and skip frames) so i'm left with only hdmi from the camera striaght to the computer because my laptop does not have a sd card port. so do you think that the hdmi cable will work to transfer the pictures and video at the highest possible quality?
Back to top Go down
Phil Lagettie

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:47 am

Hey Ryan,

When you say the card readers do not work either, what is the actual problem?

Say you place your SD card in a card reader and connect it via USB to your computer/laptop, do you get a removable disk image with all the information on it?

It should have the 2 separate folders for images/video.

I wouldn't recommend ever transferring directly through the camera because the processing speed is painfully slow as im sure you noticed.

Are you copying all the files to a local directory like your desktop then trying to view them?

Phil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.palmedia.com.au
RyanUpchurch

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:13 am

it actually only take a few seconds to transfer everything directly through the camera, and when i say card readers:
i mean a card reader that holds the card, but its connected to the computer via the usb port because i do not have a built-in SD card reader on my computer. And when i transfer either way it always plays the fle back with random blocks of information missing, and random color inverts and such. which honestly looks similar to that of a dv tape that was filmed with dirty heads. But i plan on getting an hdmi cable to maximize the quality and speed of the transfer of video and pictures to my computer.

edit: i have never used an hdmi cable for the movement of files, so i'm not aware of it even being possible? so will i be able to transfer the picture and video files to the computer through hdmi, and not just view them?
Back to top Go down
Phil Lagettie

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:03 am

I personally have never used a HDMI cable to transfer images/footage. only to preview on screens.

I am confused that your footage sounds like its having digital artifacts cut through it.

What SD card are you recording to?
Maybe its a mbps transfer problem, when I record footage on my Nikon I ensure the CF card has a fairly high transfer rate, ( usually 50mbps ).

Back to top Go down
http://www.palmedia.com.au
RyanUpchurch

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:01 am

transcend class 10 32gb sdhc card.
it plays back at amazing quality on the camera, but when transferred has the issue. when impoted on seperate occasions, the "artifacts" are never the same, but specific to each time i retry. when i upload using the card reader, it skips frames, and plays back really glitchy, as in comparison to the smooth playback i get on the camera itself.
Back to top Go down
StephenDiaz

StephenDiaz

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:10 am

huh super weird... i have the same card and it works fine. are you converting it?

i don't know what kind of computer you're on but i'm on a mac working with FCP so i convert to Apple Pro Res 422 using MPEG Streamclip, you can download that for free here: http://www.squared5.com/ and it can convert it to a tonnn of different stuff, so i'm sure it would work for whatever you're trying to edit in. my footage always plays a little glitchy right off the card but once i convert it its perfect. if you search "how to convert dslr footage" or something like that on youtube there's tons of tutorials on how to do it using mpeg streamclip. hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
http://stephendiaz.com
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:56 am

I need to make a decision and I don't think I have enough experience. I first wanted a nikon d5000 body ($580), but then I noticed that the D90 body is only $70 more, and that doesn't seem like much for an overall better body. the only concern I have with the D90 is that it seems a bit less beginner friendly than the d5000...any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
alfie w

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:10 pm

hey im new to photography and i want to get in to it. i have been filming with samsung camcorder for couple of months and i enjoy filming. so i want to get a photography camera that can do both what would you recommend? under $1000? and what fisheye? and how much are they?
thanks
alfie
Back to top Go down
Sam Scott

Sam Scott

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:00 am

Alfie: Go for the Canon Rebel T2i. Great for pictures, and has the best video in a DSLR body that's under a thousand. As far as fisheye lenses, you could probably pick up a third party fisheye for another three to five hundred.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36650459@N06/
alfie w

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:41 am

ok thank you for the help. and is the EOS 550d the same as a rebel t2i?
Back to top Go down
Sam Scott

Sam Scott

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:57 am

Yeah, they're the same camera. The only difference as far as I'm aware is the 550D was the official name for Europe + everywhere else for the T2i, which was the official American name. The charger supplied might be different, but don't quote me on that.
Back to top Go down
Jake

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:15 am

ok so I'm getting a nikon D90 with a 18-105 mm VR lense kit, and I want another lense for sports/action/porttrait photography. I am considering either a nikorr 55 mm or 35 mm, which one should I get? I'm a total beginner :l
Back to top Go down
StephenDiaz

StephenDiaz

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:14 am

35mm. with the cropped sensor, it'll be perfect for both. the 55mm would be good for portraits, but maybe a little too zoomed in at times for action. they'd both be good really, but get the 35mm and then you can get a cheap 55mm or 50mm down the line
Back to top Go down
http://stephendiaz.com
Sam Scott

Sam Scott

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:59 am

Stephen pretty much nailed it on the head. Go for the 35mm. Widely used focal length, semi wide length on FX bodies, good ~50mm length on DX bodies that is good for everything from sports to portraits to landscapes. If you feel the need to go a little longer later on, I'd suggest picking up an 85mm.

But foshiz dawg, get the 35mm. Great lens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your questions!   Post your questions! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your questions!
Page 1 of 1