Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Film, Pre/Post Production and more for the Freestyle Scooter Community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dirty Heads

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Dirty Heads Empty
PostSubject: Dirty Heads   Dirty Heads Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 1:43 am

This is a common problem and usually cause from using different brands of tapes.

Signs of Dirty Heads
The camera can seem like its glitching upon playback with the video and audio. Sometimes the video will have lines across the image, the video/audio will have regular drop outs, missing time code and picture upon playback.
If you have any or all of these issues, You most likely have Dirty Heads.

Why/How does this happen?
Usually this happens from using different brands of tapes. The reason for this is because Different tapes use different types of lubricant and so when you use one tape, That brand of lubricant is on the heads and then you switch brands and use a different tape, The new lubricant mixes with the old and can cause the problems along with artifacts. Now, the reason for the playback and glitches is because when two or more different types of lubricants are on the heads, it makes it difficult for the heads and the tape to communicate.

Solution
Cleaning your heads really helps this problem. But at the same time you do not want to overuse the head cleaner as it wears down your heads. Your best solution to this problem is to Buy One brand and stick to it. I use Sony Premiums and they work great.

Back to top Go down
https://insideview.forumotion.com
Blake

Blake

Dirty Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Heads   Dirty Heads Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 pm

I've experienced this SO many times, it really pisses you off when you need to get something done ASAP. I keep trying to tell my mum that using different brands of tapes and re-using tapes isn't a very good idea.
Back to top Go down

Dirty Heads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Video :: General Film Discussion-
Jump to: