Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Film, Pre/Post Production and more for the Freestyle Scooter Community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Critique Thread

Go down 
+10
jakeodonnell
Blake
Devin Catron
ottom
Alec Backhus
NateBorchers
Phil Lagettie
grantschofield
coreywakeman
Sam Scott
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sam Scott

Sam Scott

Critique Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Critique Thread   Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Basically a place for people to post pictures that they think are good (or not so good), and for everybody else to tear them apart with brutal criticism.
None of that pansy "Oh, the colors are nice and I like what you're doing here, but the toning could use some work. It's still a good shot though!"
In here, we're looking for our shots to be torn to shreds full of solid advice. No just plain beat downs (ie 'd00d ur ph0t0 sucksorz trololol'). Stuff more like "Composition needs a lot of work, it's way too centered and framing throws it all off. Toning is way off, I'd bet that would look better with warmer tones. DOF is super narrow, stop down a bit so you can get more in focus."

We want this to be a place to get help with photos and learn how to put more thoughts into our work, not just point and shoot.

Rules:
  • One photo posted at a time
  • There should be at least one, preferably two critiques for each photo before the next is posted
  • You can provide critique and a new picture in the same post
  • Constructive, in depth criticism is a lot better, so please put some thought into it
  • If there is stuff you already know is bad with your photo, put that in with the post so people don't keep retouching that subject.
  • Post photos at preferably 500byXXX or 640byXXX resolution so people can see detail about what they're critiquing. If posting at 500byXXX or smaller, provide a link to larger resolutions.

I can't think of anymore currently, but if I do then I'll add to them. The more people that contribute the better!

I'll start with one of my favorite photos, but I do think I could have a touch more light on the back of the legs so they don't blend with the trees so much.
Critique Thread - Page 3 4634753536_c39eb49a21_z
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36650459@N06/

AuthorMessage
weemanscoots

weemanscoots

PostSubject: Re: Critique Thread   Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:23 am

corey the only thing i can realy find bad with this is the composition of it, its 50% land and 50% sky. being half and half it sort of just makes it look boring. still is an amazing shot
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tareeskater1996
Blake

Blake

PostSubject: Re: Critique Thread   Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:46 am

And I think you should be able to read the sign, the photo looks extremely sharpened.

Critique Thread - Page 3 5446920225_17fb5051a6
BMX by BlakeinatorMate, on Flickr

Wasn't really focusing too much on composition in this photo. Just testing some settings etc.
Back to top Go down
NateBorchers

NateBorchers

PostSubject: Re: Critique Thread   Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Looks good, some saturation could make the bike frame color and the brick wall come out nicely. I know you already mentioned composition, but a little horizon cropping and straightening wouldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/natebphotography/
Blake

Blake

PostSubject: Re: Critique Thread   Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:35 am

I purposely scaled down on the saturation just to let the simpleness come out.

Critique Thread - Page 3 5452437921_7a197970a3
Self Portrait by BlakeinatorMate, on Flickr

My first self portrait haha. All natural light.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Critique Thread   Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Critique Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3