Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Film, Pre/Post Production and more for the Freestyle Scooter Community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wide Angle Lens

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Patrick Cullings

Patrick Cullings

Wide Angle Lens Empty
PostSubject: Wide Angle Lens   Wide Angle Lens Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:01 am

Some questions:
What is the best use for a wide angle lens?
Is there a better description of what it does besides make the image wider?
What lens would you recommend for a 37mm camera, and where is a good place to purchase one?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
CarterEbrey

CarterEbrey

Wide Angle Lens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide Angle Lens   Wide Angle Lens Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:09 am

If you have the money get a Baby Death (Century Optics). But I don't have the money and assuming you don't I would get something from Opteka. The .3x and .43x fisheyes are fine to start with.

Wideangle does what you said it does, makes the image wider. What you might want to understand is its the opposite of telephoto (zooming). 1x is where your camera is when it zoomed out all the way with no lense attachments. .7x is close to 1x so the view your camera can see doesn't stretch a ton, so there won't be as much distortion. If you want to see alot more or want the fisheye effect then .3x is much wider, but has bending in the picture (which for lines and other shots you probably want). For fisheye lenses you shoot close ups or follow the rider. NEVER shoot with an extreme wideangle or fisheye from a distance. You'll barely be able to see the rider and it looks crappy.

Also, a word of advice: Once you get the fisheye/wideangle, take it off once and awhile.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Cullings

Patrick Cullings

Wide Angle Lens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide Angle Lens   Wide Angle Lens Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:42 am

OK thanks I already own an opteka baby death lens, so is there a difference between a fisheye and a wide angle lens?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Wide Angle Lens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide Angle Lens   Wide Angle Lens Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:03 am

Wide angle is different than fish eye, while the concept is the same wide angle isnt nearly as wide as a fish eye. IMO wide angles don't serve a huge purpose in action sports filming
Back to top Go down
https://insideview.forumotion.com
itssam

Wide Angle Lens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide Angle Lens   Wide Angle Lens Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:17 pm

yea there arnt many situations where you will use a wide angle lens when filming scootering. only place you would need it is if you couldnt get far enough away from the subject to get it all in shot, but then again you could just use a fisheye for that.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Cullings

Patrick Cullings

Wide Angle Lens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide Angle Lens   Wide Angle Lens Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Thank you for all of the answers guys. Looks like I'll just stick with my current fisheye.
Back to top Go down
fullerflared413

fullerflared413

Wide Angle Lens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide Angle Lens   Wide Angle Lens Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:30 am

the most important thing when you have a fisheye is to make sure you don't have the ring
some kids think it's cool but i'm it looks like crap
so add spacers or adjust your camera focus to wide angle
and the opteka baby death lens should have the circle if you do it right

hope i could help
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1783559867143&set=a.1
Sponsored content

Wide Angle Lens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wide Angle Lens   Wide Angle Lens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wide Angle Lens
Page 1 of 1