Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Film, Pre/Post Production and more for the Freestyle Scooter Community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Epic Street Comp

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
heston gross

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:05 am

i need advice, tips, and ideas on how to make this a better looking video. better looking all around, like the quality and how its edited. i edit with sony vegas pro 9, film with a sony hdr-sr11, and this video is rendered in full avi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEEY4zHWYPM
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:18 am

First off, The Sony HDR-SR11 shoots in 16:9 yet you edited the video in 4:3 thats the first change that needs to be made.

Also i think the slo-mos at the end were a bit longer than they needed to be also cutting the slow mo in and out of the bar bar wasn't needed.

Other than that its a good edit.
Back to top Go down
https://insideview.forumotion.com
heston gross

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:34 am

im currently trying to fix the problems with quality and size. how did you think the quality was? because it looks terrible on my computer.
Back to top Go down
Blake

Blake

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:57 am

It can be improved. If you want great widescreen quality export as 1280 x 720. And make sure you bit rate is at a decent level.
Back to top Go down
heston gross

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:54 am

how do you know if your bit rate is good?
Back to top Go down
Blake

Blake

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 am

Well the higher your bit rate, the better quality. Do a bit of trial and error until you have found the balance between quality and file size you want.
Back to top Go down
heston gross

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:50 pm

k here is the best updated version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZtY9yuFRug
i followed the instructions of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6vTDXq6nJU and this is how it turned out.
i know it is too laggy to watch but im trying to fix that now. any ideas on how?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Seems like your bit rate/frame rate went down.

Also, That video is teaching you how to stretch 4:3 to 16:9

your cam shoots at 29.97fps(frames per second) and its 16:9 already when you choose your templete seek one that matches it best.

Back to top Go down
https://insideview.forumotion.com
heston gross

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:30 pm

ok thanks ill try that.
Back to top Go down
heston gross

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-6DhkpMArc

newest version, rendered in 720p.
Back to top Go down
Blake

Blake

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Much better quality there.
Back to top Go down
heston gross

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:04 pm

just one more question i have. how do you make the slowmo smoother and less blurry if possible?
Back to top Go down
Blake

Blake

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Record at a higher shutter speed.
Back to top Go down
heston gross

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:50 pm

i cant seem to find that option on my camera. but thanks ill keep looking
Back to top Go down
Patrick Cullings

Patrick Cullings

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:40 am

Main advice would be to not do the slow mo landings for those last three clips, just on the last one. Also, after Dakota Front scooter flipped the gap there was to much black space time between that and the next clip. The rest was really good.
Back to top Go down
Blake

Blake

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:47 am

Somewhere in your camera, in the settings there should be some option to record at 1/800s.
Back to top Go down
CarterEbrey

CarterEbrey

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Bro, every time I try to watch the video to give advice it says that it has been removed by user. Just keep them on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Epic Street Comp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Street Comp   Epic Street Comp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epic Street Comp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Editing Room :: Video Editing-
Jump to: