Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Film, Pre/Post Production and more for the Freestyle Scooter Community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help me choose lenses!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Connor K

Help me choose lenses! Empty
PostSubject: Help me choose lenses!   Help me choose lenses! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:11 am

So here's my situation: I have decided to upgrade to a DSLR, so soon I will be ordering a Canon 60d. I have sorted out everything I need to buy for it, except the lens(s) so here's where you come in...

The camera will be used for picture and video, but mostly video. My mum already owns a Canon EOS 450d and said I could use the lenses that came with that (450DB & 18-55mm IS & 55-250mm IS), so would they work for me?

If I get a fisheye, it will be and Opteka 6.5mm, but I'm not sure what lenses I will need, so I'm not sure how high that is on my priority list. I think I can afford two lenses (Assuming that they are about $300-$500) so PLEASE help me decide on which ones. Thanks heaps.
Back to top Go down
StephenDiaz

StephenDiaz

Help me choose lenses! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me choose lenses!   Help me choose lenses! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:32 am

maybe a wide prime lens or ultra wide zoom?

i have a 28mm 1.8 prime that i use for everything beside fisheye stuff pretty much, but if i could go back i would have gotten a 20mm prime cause it's wider. also 50mm 1.8's are super cheap!

your mom's lenses will fit, just when you zoom they are going to change aperture, so don't do any zooming while filming, zoom first, then set your exposure and aperture and what not and you'll be good.

i would say invest in the fisheye for sure, and keep ur mom's lenses to see how you like them. then maybe get (or build) a handle of some sort like the opteka x-grip or use a monopod.
Back to top Go down
http://stephendiaz.com

Help me choose lenses!
Page 1 of 1