Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Film, Pre/Post Production and more for the Freestyle Scooter Community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Topic Suggestions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam Scott

Sam Scott

Topic Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Topic Suggestions   Topic Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:43 am

So this is the thread for anyone to post up ideas that they've had, or read, or come across for another assignment.

We're looking for ideas, topics, subjects, ways to shoot. These should make you think about how you're going to take your picture and think it through. There shouldn't be posts like "leaves", or "barspin" and other simple topics like that. Those are boring and everybody has a million shots of those.
Below are some ideas I've had, and some that I've taken from some of the perception sites that seem good.

• Spontaneous portrait of somebody you do not know
  • Rainy day
  • Monochromatic color photo (shoot in color, but try to make it look black and white with no post processing)
  • Monochrome with flashes (if you have them)
  • Long exposure riding shots
  • Silhouette candid shots
  • Purposefully crooked shots
  • DoF related
  • Shooting from up high looking down
  • Arty framing
  • Etc, etc.

As long as you feel it's a worthwhile suggestion, please share it. The whole point of this is to get all of us to participate, come up with ideas and new ways to shoot, and share our results with each other furthering as artists. So don't hold back at all, the more people that participate the better it will be!

The topic for the first assignment will be chosen January 31st to start off the new month and topic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36650459@N06/
Blake

Blake

Topic Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic Suggestions   Topic Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:02 am

Unedited shots
Back to top Go down
Tanner!

Topic Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic Suggestions   Topic Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:57 am

I think Blake's idea is a good one because I have no idea how to edit my photos but I think they look pretty good. I think the Rule of Thirds example you used would be good for a first or second assignment. Maybe a shot of a bug could be one? Just throwin' some out there.
Back to top Go down
NateBorchers

NateBorchers

Topic Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic Suggestions   Topic Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Square crop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/natebphotography/
Sponsored content

Topic Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Topic Suggestions   Topic Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Topic Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Photography :: General Photo Discussion :: Photo Assignments-
Jump to: