Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Film, Pre/Post Production and more for the Freestyle Scooter Community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

is slo mo bad?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CarterEbrey

CarterEbrey

is slo mo bad? Empty
PostSubject: is slo mo bad?   is slo mo bad? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:09 pm

i have a tendency to slow down almost everything. but i dont do it for the purpose of seeing the trick better, i do it so the riding goes with the music. for instance on a tuck, i would cut it to where he would lift off the ground on one beat mess with the speed so the peak of his tuck was on another and then mess with the time again so there was a beat when he landed. watch this video to see what i mean:
Back to top Go down
itssam

is slo mo bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is slo mo bad?   is slo mo bad? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:42 pm

I wouldnt say slow-mo is bad, you just have to make sure not to overuse it. There was quite a lot of slow-mo in that video... but i guess because of the style of the song ect it fits.

personaly I hardly ever use slow-mo anymore, I used to to it a lot to as you say fit with the music, but i found you don't need to have every trick/landing ect to the beat of the music.

anyway overall id say the slow-mo's in that video where okay but you could of done with a few less. the fades to black and the black flashes on the other hand where way overkill haha.
Back to top Go down
alfie w

is slo mo bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is slo mo bad?   is slo mo bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:19 am

some slow mo on like bangers is good but not every clip
Back to top Go down
CarterEbrey

CarterEbrey

is slo mo bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is slo mo bad?   is slo mo bad? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:03 pm

okay thanks guys. yea i kinda decided just to not have every clip go with the music.
Back to top Go down
Audun95

is slo mo bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is slo mo bad?   is slo mo bad? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:01 pm

CarterEbrey wrote:
okay thanks guys. yea i kinda decided just to not have every clip go with the music.

what mather to (what i think) : is riding style, how many bangers, how many clips and how its filmed but you did a good job whit that last edit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

is slo mo bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is slo mo bad?   is slo mo bad? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is slo mo bad?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Editing Room :: Video Editing-
Jump to: