Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Film, Pre/Post Production and more for the Freestyle Scooter Community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Adobe Illustrator

Go down 
+2
John Radtke
Brock May
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Brock May

Adobe Illustrator  Empty
PostSubject: Adobe Illustrator    Adobe Illustrator  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:59 am

Post what you've been working on lately in Illustrator, and if you have any questions or tips feel free to post!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skyephotographyanddesign.com
John Radtke

Adobe Illustrator  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adobe Illustrator    Adobe Illustrator  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:45 am

Illustrator is not a bitch, you gotta love her just the right way.
Back to top Go down
Brock May

Adobe Illustrator  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adobe Illustrator    Adobe Illustrator  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:56 am

John Radtke wrote:
Illustrator is not a bitch, you gotta love her just the right way.

haha for beginners I bet they don't feel that way. Illustrator is a great program though! God knows how much I have to use it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skyephotographyanddesign.com
Taylor Feist

Adobe Illustrator  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adobe Illustrator    Adobe Illustrator  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:38 am

Its very difficult at the beginning. Well for me it is.
Back to top Go down
John Radtke

Adobe Illustrator  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adobe Illustrator    Adobe Illustrator  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:58 am

Yeah at first..but.

If you have a good concept of layers, and know how to use hotkeys to navigate through them to bring shapes in front or behind others..

Know how to use the pathfinder tool to manipulate, cut, add and interact with shapes.

Are very familiar with the pen tool and its hot keys and functions.

Know how to set pixel aspects, sizes and resolutions, and know which file formats are what.

And always look for new designs and art styles to immitate or learn and add to your own style.

You'll be a beast with illustrator, and if you know how to use photoshop well you're gonna be unstopable if you've got the creativity haha.
Back to top Go down
Cookie

Adobe Illustrator  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adobe Illustrator    Adobe Illustrator  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 am

I found it very difficult at first, but after spending ages with the pen tool, I now use it for all the logos and typography that I create. It has so much flexibility when it comes to shapes and lines.
Back to top Go down
http://ncookie.deviantart.com
John Radtke

Adobe Illustrator  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adobe Illustrator    Adobe Illustrator  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:21 am

Yeah the pen tool is your friend haha
Back to top Go down
Blake

Blake

Adobe Illustrator  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adobe Illustrator    Adobe Illustrator  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:56 am

I was thinking about having a go at it but I don't see much benefit apart from making logos or artwork.
Back to top Go down
Cookie

Adobe Illustrator  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adobe Illustrator    Adobe Illustrator  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:07 am

It's also a lot better for print as it handles colour profiles better than photoshop
Back to top Go down
http://ncookie.deviantart.com
ColterLammey

Adobe Illustrator  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adobe Illustrator    Adobe Illustrator  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Ive found it pretty difficult... Especially the pen tool haha. I just need practice i guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adobe Illustrator  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adobe Illustrator    Adobe Illustrator  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adobe Illustrator
Page 1 of 1