Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Film, Pre/Post Production and more for the Freestyle Scooter Community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DV rewinding

Go down 
+2
itssam
BrandonKnapp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandonKnapp

BrandonKnapp

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:13 am

okay so im pretty bad about getting new DV's and i often rewind one that i have filled up and re use it. My friends all tell me that is so bad and how it kills the quality. is it really that bad, idk if there right?
Back to top Go down
itssam

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:23 am

yea, you can get glitches and shite if you record over tapes.
Back to top Go down
BrandonKnapp

BrandonKnapp

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 2:11 am

yeah for sure, but im not worried about glitches as much as my quality... any idea if it messes with your quality also?
Back to top Go down
BrandonKnapp

BrandonKnapp

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:03 am

aight anyone else know?
Back to top Go down
Blake

Blake

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:05 am

In my opinion and this is my opinion, I would only reuse a tape 3 times. Any more and you will have problems.
Back to top Go down
JoshToy

JoshToy

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:02 am

Blake, it is bad to reuse period. Reusing tapes fries your heads. If you've seen any of the footage I shot on my old Sony TRV340, you'd understand why it's bad to reuse tapes, haha. That ringing noise, is the heads being fried. Glitches should be the least of your worries. Reusing tapes can cut your camera's lifespan down to at least half it's potential.

So words from the wise, I learned the hard way. DO NOT REUSE TAPES, IT WILL RUIN YOUR TAPE DECK!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/joshtoy
Admin
Admin

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:36 am

Reusing tapes not only kills quality but it can leave artifacts in the tape.
It is NEVER a good idea to record over ANYTHING, Just go on ebay and buy a bunch of tapes for super cheap.

Pros-

Don't have to buy tapes anymore

Cons-
Kills your heads
Decreases life span of camera
poor quality
artifacts
glitches
dropped frames
distortion/discoloration

Back to top Go down
https://insideview.forumotion.com
BrandonKnapp

BrandonKnapp

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:45 pm

okay thanks guys now i know
Back to top Go down
Brian Boston

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:34 am

JoshToy wrote:
Blake, it is bad to reuse period. Reusing tapes fries your heads. If you've seen any of the footage I shot on my old Sony TRV340, you'd understand why it's bad to reuse tapes, haha. That ringing noise, is the heads being fried. Glitches should be the least of your worries. Reusing tapes can cut your camera's lifespan down to at least half it's potential.

So words from the wise, I learned the hard way. DO NOT REUSE TAPES, IT WILL RUIN YOUR TAPE DECK!
It was your camera and all, but I remember you talking about that before and I was googling around with that buzzing issue and there was a bunch of forum posts claiming that the tape motor was picked up by the mic. I only looked it up because you were telling me that Maxell tapes were gonna fuck my DVX heads up, they are fine till this day though ahha.
Back to top Go down
JoshToy

JoshToy

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:14 am

Maxell tapes are a bad idea also though, for sure. Stay away from TDK as well. It's best to stick to the brands tapes who made the camera because they are made to cater their tape decks. From there, it's just knowing if you should use lubricated or dried tapes. Some say lubricated is bad because it builds up gunk. But I haven't seen any issues as long as you use a cleaning cassette every couple months.
Back to top Go down
Blake

Blake

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:40 am

I haven't had any issues with TDK's used them for years also.
Back to top Go down
Brian Boston

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Yeah I don't listen to tape brand stuff anymore. I stick to 1 brand same tape model so I don't have to worry about lubes or anything.

Everyone on SP praises Sony Premiums then I go on another forum and everyone says the lube is gonna gunk your heads up. Its all a bunch of shit. Maxells have been running fine in my DVX since I got it like 4 years ago and I never put a cleaning tape in there. No funky noises or anything.

At my school everyone jams all different tapes in the rental GL2s and XHA1s and I never had a dirty head message pop up.
Back to top Go down
JoshToy

JoshToy

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:57 am

To each his own. I've only had bad experiences with those tape brands. Only stick to Sony DVM63's for my FX1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DV rewinding Empty
PostSubject: Re: DV rewinding   DV rewinding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DV rewinding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Video :: Filming-
Jump to: