Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Film, Pre/Post Production and more for the Freestyle Scooter Community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fisheye Lenses

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Fisheye Lenses Empty
PostSubject: Fisheye Lenses   Fisheye Lenses Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:44 pm

There are a wide variety of Fisheye lenses, From Century to Opetka from Clip on to Bayonet.

All these factors can leave you asking.. "Which is right for me and my set up?"
Well we are here to help, So post up your questions and we'll be happy to do our best to assist. Here's a quick rundown of common fisheyes.

Kenko .43x 37mm- your basic cheap fisheye for smaller consumer cameras. $28 on BH Photo/Video Also available in an Opteka Version.

Century Optics .3x 37mm Ultra Fisheye (Known as the Baby Death) best fisheye you can get for entry level cameras. Quality glass, great distortion, amazing lens. $300 on BH Photo/Video Also available in an Opteka version for $100

These "Baby Death" lenses are also available in 43mm (specifically for the Canon HV series) on BH and other sites.

Now for the bigger lenses for the higher-end cameras. Like the smaller ones, the Century Precision Optics fisheyes will be of higher quality and better distortion. However, you can get the Opteka version (if you haven't figured it out by now, Opteka makes a cheaper, lower quality version of each lens from Century)

Century Optics MK1- this is THE best fisheye setup you can have when combined with a VX1000. You can buy em new off Amazon for about 700 dollars or off ebay, skateperception, etc.

For the VX series you can also get Opteka lenses. I've used a VX1k with a 52mm Opteka and it was decent, and really cheap. If you don't have quite enough to go all out for the Mk1, the Opteka 52mm is a good alternative.

For the VX2k and 21k the best option for you would be a Century Optics MKII. You can also use an MK1 intermediate or a modded MKI. None of these are quite as good looking or wide as the VX1kMKI but nevertheless will produce a great image.

Now if your fisheye doesn't fit or you want to make it look better there are a couple things you can do. First you can use step up or step down rings if your camera's threads aren't exactly 37 or 43mm. Then, if you think there is too much vignetting (those black corners you see, also known as just "vig") you can zoom SLIGHTLY or if you have a spacer, take it off. Likewise, if you don't have any vig and you want the image to be wider, you can add spacers until it looks good.

If you have anything to add here, please do! There is a ton more information about fisheyes for cameras that I haven't covered yet, so feel free to contribute in a reply.
Back to top Go down
https://insideview.forumotion.com
Blake

Blake

Fisheye Lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fisheye Lenses   Fisheye Lenses Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:08 pm

I'm going to get an Opteka .43x Fisheye for my Canon MV800i. Its extremely cheap and thats why I'm getting it.
Back to top Go down
Tom Cirbee

Tom Cirbee

Fisheye Lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fisheye Lenses   Fisheye Lenses Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:29 am

^^yeah i have the 43mm Opteka on my Canon HV40 afro
Back to top Go down
StephenDiaz

StephenDiaz

Fisheye Lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fisheye Lenses   Fisheye Lenses Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 am

if you're shooting with a dslr the Opteka 6.5 is the way to go. wait a couple months and they will lower the price 100 bucks (usually goes for 300, it will be 200 soon)
Back to top Go down
http://stephendiaz.com
thusman

Fisheye Lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fisheye Lenses   Fisheye Lenses Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:37 am

What kind of fisheye would be cheap but good quality for a sony handycam DCR-SR68?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fisheye Lenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fisheye Lenses   Fisheye Lenses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fisheye Lenses
Page 1 of 1