Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Film, Pre/Post Production and more for the Freestyle Scooter Community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fisheye help please D:

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Graham Kimbell

Fisheye help please D: Empty
PostSubject: Fisheye help please D:   Fisheye help please D: Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:00 pm

Right so basically I've now got a Panasonic TM700 which has a 46mm thread, I used to use a 37mm Opteka .3x fisheye, but that has way too much vig.
Soooo i bought myself an Opteka 43mm fisheye and a conversion ring, not realising that it is exactly the same lens just with a different thread size, so I get the same crazy amount of vig.

I was thinking about getting a 52mm fisheye and a step down ring, until I found out the fisheye itself is 11cm across which is farr too big for my camera.
It seems like there are no good fisheyes for this medium thread size, has anyone else been in the same situation? Are there any good fisheyes you can recommend that are 46mm or larger?

Thanks

Oh also I'm looking to spend less than £150 $200 so the 46mm century is out the window
Back to top Go down
melvinifelli

PostSubject: Re: Fisheye help please D:   Fisheye help please D: Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:06 am

umm try zooming in so their is no vig. but that will just make the fisheye less wide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WH-cHq1-hU

this guy has the same camera and fisheye as you. in this video the fisheye doesnt have much vig. maybe u can ask him.
Back to top Go down
Graham Kimbell

PostSubject: Re: Fisheye help please D:   Fisheye help please D: Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:09 am

Hmm strange, I tried zooming in but I could never get perfect focus and not have vig :s
I've already sent that lens back now though so it's a bit late for that now sorry Sad

I'm want to know anyone who is using a fisheye other than Opteka or Century that they can reccomend, since they're the only two companies I really trust at the moment
Back to top Go down
Graham Kimbell

PostSubject: Re: Fisheye help please D:   Fisheye help please D: Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Double post

Martin suggested the Nikon FC-E9, which has 46mm threads, but it looks like its huugeee and will snap the front of my camera off.
Has anyone else used/seen this lens being used on a camcorder?
Back to top Go down
Graham Kimbell

PostSubject: Re: Fisheye help please D:   Fisheye help please D: Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Triple Post

I'm looking at getting a 52mm Opteka titanium and a step down ring. The lens is HUGE but it looks like the best option since there's nothing just the right size, and I hate vig.
I've done a nice little to-scale pic on paint of the cam and lens Razz
Fisheye help please D: Lensz

Has anyone else used a huge fisheye on a tiny cam?
Back to top Go down
itssam

PostSubject: Re: Fisheye help please D:   Fisheye help please D: Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:37 pm

its only 460 grams, should be okay. If not you can always get support rails, but that would look redic on a camera that small haha
Back to top Go down
Graham Kimbell

PostSubject: Re: Fisheye help please D:   Fisheye help please D: Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Haha thats ok then 460g ain't bad
I've bought a fat ass battery to balance the weight out a bit so it's not so front heavy Razz
I guess the quality of the footage is more important then the camera itself anyway
Back to top Go down
Tom Cirbee

Tom Cirbee

PostSubject: Re: Fisheye help please D:   Fisheye help please D: Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:05 pm

hmm i have the 43mm and i can just zoom in a bit to get rid of the vig. I dont get why you cant. Are you gonna need rails for that lens Graham? haha
Back to top Go down
Graham Kimbell

PostSubject: Re: Fisheye help please D:   Fisheye help please D: Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:14 pm

My cam has a wide angle lens built in, when Zoomed in all the way through the vig the closest thing I could focus on was about 10 metres away, which wouldn't have been much use since I'd be filming at about 1 metre away most of the time :\
Back to top Go down
Josh Young

PostSubject: Re: Fisheye help please D:   Fisheye help please D: Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:14 am

yea man just get the 52mm. maybe take the sunshade off tho
Back to top Go down
Graham Kimbell

PostSubject: Re: Fisheye help please D:   Fisheye help please D: Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:04 pm

I wouldn't dare take the sunshade off, if it got hit by anything I would cry Razz

What about a Raynox?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/261520-REG/Raynox_MX_3000PRO_58__MX_3000PRO_58mm_0_3x_Semi.html
Seems like a more realistic alternative
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fisheye help please D:   Fisheye help please D: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fisheye help please D:
Page 1 of 1